Navis and Kalmar are investing in a new team named ATOM@Labs based in Rotterdam, which applies lean and out-of-the-box thinking to solution discovery and prototyping, including collaborative projects with customers through validated learning. The laboratory is set up is strongly connected with our competence centers in Oakland (California), Tampere (Finland), Chennai (India), and Austin (Texas).
The new ideas, prototypes and tools are starting from the fundamental starting point on assessing the problem for later finding the use of cutting-edge technologies as machine learning and AI, cloud-based analytics, and simulation tools to deliver strategic input for software products roadmaps and generate new and enhanced capabilities for value-added services.
ATOM Labs team focus during 2017 was a common denominator on the need of ‘providing sense to the data’. Also from our conversations with several customers the focus on combining different sources of data and proving the value of technologies as Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning (AI/ML) to tackle specific problems at customer side.
As Navis Software Strategy is gathering the capabilities, the tools and lots of data from our leading products and solutions, we need you to create new competencies to enable new digital products and business.
As Data Scientist, the candidate will be responsible of developing our Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning capabilities as a part of Navis AI/ML roadmap deployment. Key tasks would include research of learning models and algorithm development contributing our intelligent products and services.
Enable the use of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning algorithms and technologies across ATOM Labs initiatives, in order to enable innovation Navis products in the area of Automated Intelligence and Predictive Analytics.
• Enable ATOM Labs Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning capabilities. Lead the discussion within Navis to concretize the advanced analytics possibilities
• Collaborate with different stakeholders to understand the value creation possibilities of big data and analytics, both internal and external
Reporting to Navis Operational Innovation VP and being coordinated by ATOM Lab team members to leverage candidate’s knowledge and background into ATOM Labs projects.
Skills / Experience
• Curiosity, passion to create new business models
• Background and results in data mining, analytics and statistical analysis
• Excellent pattern recognition and data modelling skills
• Solid hands-on experience on machine learning libraries, deep learning and neural networks
• Experience with programming languages like R, Python, Java, Lua and others
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field
• Fluent in English and preferable also either in Finnish or Swedish